The Courthouse at the Walthall Lofts

245 E Capitol Street | 601.476.5678 | Website

The Courthouse at the Walthall Lofts is a redeveloped historic building in the center of Jackson’s business, banking, medical and government district. Once the James O. Eastland Federal Courthouse was constructed in 1933. The building originally included the U.S. Post Office, Federal offices, and the U.S. District Court.

The building is an important historic structure, recognized for its significance as an example of Moderne/Art Deco style architecture. The building is also noteworthy as the setting of many historic civil rights trials in Mississippi through the 1950s and 1960s. The building was added to the NPS National Register of Historic Structures in 1976.

The Courthouse at the Walthall Lofts is conveniently located a few miles from Jackson State University, Belhaven University, Millsaps College, and The University of Mississippi Medical Center. The amenity-filled community includes a state-of-the-art fitness center with a CrossFit Sled Track, an Arcade, and complete access to all Walthall Lofts amenities, including the pool, business center, and billiards room.

Details

  • Equal Housing Opportunity
  • Pet friendly
  • Wheelchair accessable
  • Gated access parking garage
  • Non-smoking