- Date(s): Wed, Jun 22
- Time: 10:30 am
- Website: https://www.msmuseumart.org/event/art-in-mind-16/
Art in Mind is an interactive art therapy program which invites individuals experiencing memory loss or mild cognitive impairment and their care partner to explore the Mississippi Museum of Art galleries and make their own works of art. By stimulating observation, recall, and response, this program helps participants manage their stress or anxiety, cope with change, and gain personal insight. This offering is facilitated by licensed art therapist Susan Anand and an MMA Educator. To register, contact Jennifer Knight at 601.496.MIND (option 2) or email@example.com by Friday, June 17.
For the safety and consideration of all staff and participants, the Mississippi Museum of Art has adopted the following protocol for the return to in-person studio programs:
- Registration will be required in advance and capped at 8 people to allow for safe distancing per session.
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test (within 24 hours of the session) is required for all attendants.
- Masks are required for staff and participants indoors (except when eating or drinking).
- Social distancing will be observed in all spaces (i.e. galleries, classrooms, and outside spaces).
- Sanitation is required upon entry to the classroom spaces.
- Single use materials will be provided during the artmaking portion and sanitized after each session. Participants are also encouraged to bring their own Art Kits with them, if they are more comfortable using their own materials.
- Gloves will be provided/available for your use during the artmaking portion of the program, if you desire to use them.
- Lunch will not be offered at this time.
To prepare for your museum visit, you can read more about our recommendations here.